Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Free Lego Smart Activity Kit

As you all know, our family absolutely LOVES Legos, so imagine my delight when we stumbled across this:

From now through August 2009, LEGO Education is sponsoring a hands-on activity challenge for educators, including homeschoolers, to design and submit an activity using only the parts in a free kit supplied by LEGO. The activity could range from a simple construction to an advanced math application. Your imagination is the limit! The Grand Prize Winner will get LEGO Education products and gift certificates valued up to $250; eight monthly winners will receive prizes worth up to $100. Entries will appear on the LEGO Smart Blog as they are posted to the website.

See the website for all the rules and to request your kit.

http://www.legoeducation.com/forms/activitycontest.asp

Legos are wonderful tools to use for teaching. To get some ideas, please check out my blog post on teaching with Legos. Click here to see the post (please don't use the ideas in the post for the contest).

If you have any other great ideas to add, please feel free to leave a comment, and please pass this blog on to your friends, thanks!

4 comments:

  1. Hello! I followed your link from the Apologia yahoo group to find your book list. Great ideas! I love your lego information. I was thinking of getting legos to use with creative activities but now I see that there are so many more possibilities. Why not blog about your favorite lego kits?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Buffy! That's a great idea! Where to begin.... :-) Stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool. I love Legos. I just bought the Robotic lego kit at our homeschool convention and I'm going to coach Junior Lego League this year. I'm very excited!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've searched and googled and searched, but I can't find the link to register for the lego contest.

    mirendacan@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete