Sunday, March 29, 2009

For those of you who struggle teaching Math

Have you ever struggled with teaching math, or with a child who learns differently from your other children? I belong to a wonderful community of homeschooling moms and I know the biggest compliant that I hear all the time is the feeling that the kids just aren't getting what they need for Math. Of course there are many wonderful Math products available: Math U See, Saxon Math, Singapore Math and others, but I have to tell you, I have found this DVD series of a wonderful Math Instructor.

Math Tutor DVD (if the link isn't visible, you can click on the name in my homeschool links section)

These instructional DVD's are intended as a substitute for a live tutor, and contain hours of problems, worked out step-by-step by a clear and patient narrator. Many basic and advanced topics of mathematics are covered, including fundamental addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division, fractions, polynomials, algebra, trigonometry, even calculus.

My darling children have greatly increased their mathematical abilities. This series is great! A couple of times a week or every day if you prefer, and you will notice a difference. Some people use this in place of instructing (it's like having a tutor in your home), some use it to reinforce the concepts learned.

I like it because it offers lots of examples, isn't dry and best yet... it doesn't break the bank!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment