Saturday, March 20, 2010

Lattice Multiplication anyone?

Hello again,

As I mentioned in earlier posts, I have a child that will be starting High School next year, so this year we have been using a few of The teaching Company videos. We were using The Basic Math series for review and I just have to tell you about a cool concept that I saw while reviewing Math with my children. Have any of you ever heard of Lattice Multiplication? I really wish someone would have taught me how to do long multiplication using this technique! Check it out:



Very cool right? Well if you have a child who is struggling with long multiplication, try to teach them using this method :-)

If you are interested in The Teaching Company videos, they can be found at:

http://www.teach12.com/teach12.aspx?ai=16281

No comments:

Post a Comment